ECC memory of BMC

Will Liang (梁永鉉) Will.Liang at quantatw.com
Fri Feb 22 13:00:01 AEDT 2019

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, at 17:57, Will Liang (梁永鉉) wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > We have also found EDAC driver.
> >
> > What we want to do is to record the ECC events to SEL.
> >
> > we are considering to create new dbus and a service.
>
> Right; I think you need to create a new service that polls the sysfs interface for
> the EDAC device, and then use phosphor-logging to create error logs.

We consider creating the following objects for D-Bus:
-bus name : /xyz/openbmc_project/ECC
-object path : /xyz/openbmc_project/ECC/status
-interface : xyz.openbmc_project.Memory.MemoryECC

and error types for xyz::openbmc_project::Memory::Ecc::Error::ceCount and "ueCount"
and "isLoggingLimitReached" for phosphor-logging error message.

 I'm not