Problem with license text file

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 22 06:39:49 AEDT 2019

On 2/21/2019 11:55 AM, susan jasinski wrote:
> While talking with our layer today about the OpenBMC Apache license,
> we were not able to open the open-bmc license file in GitHub. Will
> someone please look at that file to see if there is a problem that
> needs to be fixed?

What license file? Which repo? openbmc/openbmc?
The openbmc/openbmc LICENSE points at poky/LICENSE.

$ ls -l  openbmc/LICENSE
lrwxrwxrwx 1 gmills gmills 12 Aug 23 14:29 openbmc/LICENSE -> poky/LICENSE

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/poky/LICENSE

All the other repos have their own licenses, mostly Apache-2.0.

> Feel free to DM me if you don't find the same issue.

I would strongly discourage direct message on problems sent to the
mailing list, then we have no idea if this problem has been resolved. :)

- Gunnar