GUI translation bundles

susan jasinski susantjasinski at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:49:02 AEDT 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Alexander.

- Angular Translate framework will be used for our GUI globalization service

- There will be a language selector on the login panel. It will be
enabled when after we have more than one translation completed/tested.

- You are right ... adding variables into the middle of a text string
is challenging for translators. We found 2 instances of this in the
current GUI build and changed the phrase so that the variable is at
the end of the phr. For example, on the Overview panel, we changed
"Turn on/off server LED" to "Turn server LED on/off".

- Regarding common phrases, I meant those phrases or words that appear
on many or most panels. For example, "Cancel" and "Save settings" are
2 buttons that will appear on several of the new panels IBM is working
on. In this case, should we include them in the bundle for every page
(if that is the route we choose), or should we add them to this
over-arching bundle so they are only translated one time, therefore
ensuring translation consistency?