Adding IPMI support to an existing implementation

Wim Vervoorn wvervoorn at eltan.com
Wed Feb 20 06:58:40 AEDT 2019

Hello Emily,

Thanks. We added the ipmi-host and the kcsbridge and got it to work to some extend.

One issue we see is that Linux enters an endless loop trying to read the eventlog. I would expect this to stop when the eventlog is read (especially as there are no items).

Another thing we are running into is the fact that the system we have doesn’t have a FRU eeprom for the mainboard. Our initial thought was to upload the information using SetFru ipmi calls. Infortunately this is not supported in the current ipmi-host implementation.

What would be the correct approach for this. I am considering to put the FRU information for the mainboard in a file in the BMC and use this instead of the eeprom. Is this the correct approach and is this somehow supported already or should we implement this ourselves?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

Verzonden vanuit Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> voor Windows 10