Increase ARCH_NR_GPIO for ARCH_ASPEED?

Tao Ren taoren at fb.com
Mon Feb 18 15:56:34 AEDT 2019

Hi Andrew,

On 2/17/19, 6:48 PM, "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew at aj.id.au> wrote:
> However, there's no reason you can't narrow the change to only apply
> to your system (rather than do it in the base defconfig and affect all
> systems).

Perhaps it's my lack of greater knowledge on kconfig; I actually tried a few options but couldn't find a nice way to apply the change to my system only.

At first, I tried to customize ARCH_NR_GPIO in my <old.config> file, but the value was set to default (or ignored) by running "make olddefconfig".

Then I added "input prompt" for ARCH_NR_GPIO option: customized value in <old.config> was applied while running "make olddefconfig", but my concern is the approach may impact more users?

My third approach is what I proposed in this email thread (setting default ARCH_NR_GPIO to 1024 for ARCH_ASPEED).

I'm looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you again.

Best regards,

Tao