Increase ARCH_NR_GPIO for ARCH_ASPEED?

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Feb 18 13:47:50 AEDT 2019

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, at 12:31, Tao Ren wrote:
> On 2/14/19 5:42 PM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> > I don't know that there's much other choice, but beware that changing
> > the value will impact userspace if you're using the sysfs interface (which
> > you  ideally you shouldn't be, as it's deprecated), as the base addresses
> > of the gpiochips will change.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> Thank you Andrew for the comments. Hopefully nobody in the community
> will be impacted by the patch; if unfortunately some apps are broken
> (due to the dependency on sysfs-gpio), I'm happy to help with the fix.

It's not necessarily an easy thing to fix if userspace is relying on fixed
numbering (which isn't ideal, but it may). You can't fix netbooting a
new kernel containing the change with an old userspace that isn't
aware of it.

However, there's no reason you can't narrow the change to only apply
to your system (rather than do it in the base defconfig and affect all
systems).

Andrew