recipes for repo

Brenden Lai Brenden_Lai at jabil.com
Tue Feb 5 15:53:24 AEDT 2019

Hi ,

I knew there are many features (bmcweb,ikvm,dbus-sensor) are implemented in each repo .
However , I compiled the dbus revision ipmitool source code, copy prebuild binary to image by refer to below
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/yocto-development.md
I was able to test the phosphor-host-ipmid functionality via dbus-ipmitool within openbmc image
But are there any recipe to include ipmitool while building openbmc images ?
I mean just type bitbake obmc-phosphor-image , then all selected feature will be include in the target image.
After checking , Not only ipmitool lack  , but also the major features(IPMI , redfish ..etc).

Here comes my questions.

  1.  Will OpenBMC  have plans to provide recipes for every OpenBMC repo in the near feature ?
  2.  Take Romulus for example , how it include bmcweb feature into image without recipe for bmcweb repo ?

Thanks -Brenden

Brenden Lai
SR. BMC Design Engineer
E&I, Jabil Design Services