OpenBMC at the 2019 OCP Summit Hardware Management track

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Tue Feb 5 14:14:18 AEDT 2019

On 1/18/19, 1:09 PM, "openbmc on behalf of Brad Bishop" <openbmc-bounces+sdasari=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:18:02PM -0500, Brad Bishop wrote:
    > Hi Everyone
    >
    > The TSC has asked me to present at the 2019 OCP Summit on behalf of the
    > OpenBMC community.  You can see the abstract here:
    >
    > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__2019ocpglobalsummit.sched.com_event_Jil3_openbmc-2Dproject-2Dupdate-3Fiframe-3Dno-26w-3D100-25-26sidebar-3Dyes-26bg-3Dno&d=DwIBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=D804Bb_g8FkIaCjjb_rg7A&m=EKvPJgroDAsgQVZ8xRDhvFmGlU4Zgut5BxKFQzg_Ghg&s=YdMB-VnfOLpoHiSxIXzCq6L9LBL5CN-70amedVFKEGo&e=
    >
    > I will be hashing the presentation out in the next day or two. If you
    > have anything you think might make sense to talk about there, I'd love
    > to hear about it.
    >
    > Also, I intend to publish a draft once I have composed it, if you'd
    > prefer to leave feedback that way as well (or instead).  Stay tuned.
    >
    > thx - brad

    I've put a draft here:

    https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/files/OCPGLO19_OpenBMC_Project_Update-draft.pdf
Thanks for putting the slides together. The content outline looks pretty good. I came across the kernel report@ https://www.linuxfoundation.org/2017-linux-kernel-report-landing-page/ and wondering if we can show some similar metrics for our project since the inception to show the growth of project. Thanks!

    It is still very draft-y, but you can get a sense of the outline and
    high level flow.  I could use help calling out any function implemented
    in 2.6 and any function planned for 2.7.

    thx - brad