bitbake of individual repositories

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Dec 19 05:02:42 AEDT 2019

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 04:02:12PM -0600, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> Other ideas out there?

I've mentioned repo before as it can assist with this.  Bitbake has a
feature where you can set "SRCREV=${AUTOREV}" and it will automatically
pick up what is in the git repo.  What I've done on another project is
this:

   1. Use `repo` to pull down all the source repositories in a consistent
      tree (and ensure it is in the Docker build image, such as in
      /workdir).

   2. Run a small script to fetch the GERRIT_REFSPEC and/or GERRIT_TOPIC
      on top of the checked out `repo` location.

   3. Add a small .bbclass that replaces "SRCREV=${AUTOREV}" when an
      environment variable is set and update the recipes to inherit
      this class.

   4. Set the environment variable prior to running `bitbake` and add a
      source mirror to point at the /workdir location instead of Gerrit
      directly (eg. 1 line in local.conf).

Now when bitbake runs you're getting the full bitbake to run against the
commit (or commits in the case of a GERRIT_TOPIC) that you've extracted.

--
Patrick Williams