Updates and future changes on phosphor-power

Kun Yi kunyi at google.com
Tue Dec 10 08:09:46 AEDT 2019

Hello Lei,

We have some interest to help contribute to the phosphor-power utils. Just
have some simple questions. Sorry if they have already been asked!

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 2:49 AM Lei YU <mine260309 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This email is to introduce the current status and future changes of
> phosphor-power.
>
> ## Background
> Previously, [witherspoon-pfault-analysis][1] exists for Witherspoon to
> provide functions like PSU monitor.
> Later it's found that the code could be shared for other PSUs as long
> as a property json config is provided.
> So the repo is renamed to [phosphor-power][2]
>
> ## Status
> Now the repo is renamed and I am adding the bitbake recipes into
> meta-phosphor, see
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/26356
>
> However, the repo still contains something that is not generic:
> * There is repo specific error defined in org/open_power/Witherspoon/
> * It has a dependency to openpower-dbus-interfaces to use interfaces
> in org/open_power/Sensor/Aggregation/History
>
> That is not ideal.
>
> ## TODO
> The repo specific error and the interfaces in
> org/open_power/Sensor/Aggregation/History are actual generic, so they
> could be moved into phosphor-dbus-interfaces to become generic
> interfaces.
>
> So I am planning to "copy" the above interfaces into
> phosphor-dbus-interfaces, and when it's done, update this repo to use
> the interfaces in phosphor-dbus-interfaces.
>
> Do you have any comments or suggestions?
> Thanks!
>
> [1]: https://github.com/openbmc/witherspoon-pfault-analysis
> [2]: https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-power

Will phosphor-power provide PMBus fault status bits monitoring? How is it
co-operating with phosphor-hwmon or dbus-sensors when reading sensor data
from the same PSU device over the same i2c bus?

--
Regards,
Kun