Dropping PECI patches

Jae Hyun Yoo jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com
Tue Dec 3 12:25:32 AEDT 2019

On 12/2/2019 1:54 PM, Joel Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 18:09, Jae Hyun Yoo <jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joel,
>>
>> Thanks for letting me know this. Also, thanks a lot for carrying the
>> out-of-tree PECI patches in OpenBMC kernel tree so far.
>>
>> Can I submit updated PECI patches to OpenBMC upstream if I'm gonna add
>> it back? Linux upstreaming isn't ready yet because configfs support
>> should be implemented to address subsystem maintainer's comments but it
>> needs at this moment in OpenBMC kernel tree to keep developing
>> dbus-sensors support.
>
> This was the status back in January. I think it's time to find someone
> to complete the work on PECI so it can be merged upstream.
>
> Once those patches have been posted, we can merge them into the
> openbmc tree while we wait for them to be merged into mainline.

I've made lots of update in Intel downstream PECI to address
maintainers' comments except the configfs thing so I agree that PECI
codes in OpenBMC kernel tree need to be updated. Can you give me a week
for submission of new patch set into linux upstream? In the meantime,
I'd like to keep the out-of-tree PECI patches if possible to avoid build
breaks in dbus-sensors repo.

Thanks,
Jae