Question of pid-contorl on stepwise configuration

Derek Lin23 dlin23 at lenovo.com
Wed Aug 21 21:36:22 AEST 2019

Hi team:

          I have a question regarding stepwise configuration on pid-control.
          I have mine setup like below.

                                       {
                    "name": "Ambient_Temp",
                    "type": "stepwise",
                    "setpoint": 0.0,
                    "inputs": ["Ambient_Temp"],
                    "pid": {
                        "samplePeriod": 1.0,
                        "positiveHysteresis": 0.0,
                        "negativeHysteresis": 0.0,
                        "isCeiling": false,
                        "reading": {
                            "0": 25,
                            "1": 30,
                            "2": 35
                        },
                        "output": {
                            "0": 15,
                            "1": 15,
                            "2": 15
                       }
                    }
                }

          And, I would like to know the meaning of each field, as far as I understand from phosphor-pid-control, "setpoint" seems not used if PID type is stepwise. Is that true? The "reading" field indicates the temperature reading from the sensor "Ambient". The "output" field should indicate the duty % corresponding to the fans, or should output be RPMs? That gives me when a reading of 25 degree(whatever the unit is), the output duty of fans should set to 15%, or set to corresponding RPMs.
Do I understand the fields correctly?

Thank you,

Derek Lin
Sr. BMC Engineer
8F,66, San Chong Rd., Nankang Software Park, Taipei.
Lenovo Taiwan

[Phone]+886281707411
[Email]dlin23 at lenovo.com<mailto:dlin23 at lenovo.com>

Lenovo.com<http://www.lenovo.com/>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/lenovo> | Instagram<https://instagram.com/lenovo> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/lenovo> | Linkedin<http://www.linkedin.com/company/lenovo> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/lenovovision> | Privacy<https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/privacy-selector/>

[ImageLogo-DCG-Honeycomb]