The RunBMC Specification has been published!

Eric Shobe shobe at dropbox.com
Fri Aug 16 13:42:34 AEST 2019

Esteemed colleagues,

We are most pleased to announce that RunBMC,an open Hardware Standard that
defines the interface between the Baseboard Management Controller(BMC)
subsystem and OCP hardware platform - such as network or compute
motherboards, has been officially accepted to the Open Compute Project.  Link
to the RunBMC 1.4.1 Specification.
<https://www.opencompute.org/documents/ocp-runbmc-daughterboard-card-design-specification-v1-4-1-pdf>

We owe credit and thanks to our collaborators at Quanta, Nuvoton, Hyve,
Intel, Aspeed, Facebook, Google, Salesforce, and Microsoft.  I think we can
confidently say that the collaborative spirit meant to be fostered by OCP
is alive and well.

Our next steps are to draft and complete a User’s Guide for the Bring-Up
Vehicle and work with our partners to submit their designs for
daughter-cards based on the AST2500 and Poleg.  We look forward to seeing
the progress of this effort realized through these contributions.

Thanks!