IPMI: Failed to execute IPMI commands with new user

Simon Zhu(朱英澍) zhuysh at inspur.com
Fri Aug 30 13:54:42 AEST 2019

HI all,

         I add a new user through IPMI and set privilage to Administrator.
E.g. Test2.

         Then I executed ipmi commands with Test2 but failed.

In fact, not every time will fail. Sometimes it will execute successfully,
sometimes it will report part of the error, but it can return data.

         In the case of failure, it looks like the corresponding user is not
found. By default, a non-existing user ID is used and resulting in an error.

         My version is :tag 2.6.0; phosphor-ipmi-host
a3a1cdc299fbeee366fee925dc08fa3eaf8b63f2

         Log infos as follow:

         $ ipmitool -I lanplus -H 100.2.76.161 -U Test2 -P Inspur2@ user
list 1

> Error: no response from RAKP 1 message

Error: Received an Unexpected RAKP 2 message

Error: Received an Unexpected Open Session Response

ID  Name             Callin  Link Auth   IPMI Msg   Channel Priv Limit

1   ADMIN            false   true       true       ADMINISTRATOR

2   shannon          false   true       true       USER

3   liangshengnan    false   true       true       NO ACCESS

4   Test1            false   true       true       ADMINISTRATOR

5   Test2            false   true       true       ADMINISTRATOR

6                    true    false      false      NO ACCESS

7                    true    false      false      NO ACCESS

8                    true    false      false      NO ACCESS

9                    true    false      false      NO ACCESS

10                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

11                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

12                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

13                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

14                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

15                   true    false      false      NO ACCESS

$ ipmitool -I lanplus -H 100.2.76.161 -U Test2 -P Inspur2@ user list 1

> Error: no response from RAKP 1 message

Bad response length, len=52

IPMI command failed: Insufficient privilege level

朱英澍 研发二处

Simon Zhu   Network BU

Inspur Electronic Information Industry Co., Ltd

Mobile:+86 18668928992