psu code mgmt

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 17:02:23 AEST 2019

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 6:47 AM Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:

> Lei Yu;
>
> I wanted to ask about the psu-code-mgmt, will it be exposing dbus
> interfaces similarly to bmc-code-mgmt (I think I see that it is).  I

Yes, it will expose the exact same dbus interfaces as to bmc/pnor-code-mgmt,
e.g.

# /xyz/openbmc_project/software/82b2c6e0
  "data": {
    "Activation": "xyz.openbmc_project.Software.Activation.Activations.Ready",
    "ExtendedVersion": "psu-dummy1-v1.2,psu-dummy2-v2.3,psu-dummy3-v3.4",
    "Path": "/tmp/images/82b2c6e0",
    "Purpose": "xyz.openbmc_project.Software.Version.VersionPurpose.PSU",
    "RequestedActivation":
"xyz.openbmc_project.Software.Activation.RequestedActivations.None",
    "Version": "psu-dummy-test.v0.1"
  },

> wanted to confirm that we could write a simple handler or type for
> talking to psu-code-mgmt from phosphor-ipmi-flash.  Today I wrote a
> guide on how to do part of that --
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-ipmi-flash/+/24606
>
> We'd add something like:
>
> [{
>     "blob": "/flash/psu",
>     "handler": { "type": "file", "path": "/tmp/psu-firmware" },
>     "actions": {
>         "preparation": {
>             "type": "systemd",
>             "unit": "phosphor-ipmi-flash-psu-prepare.target"
>         },
>         "verification": { "type": "psuSystemdVerification" },
>         "update": { "type": "psuSystemdActivation" }
>     }
> }]
>
> So then if we implement a psuSystemdVerification and
> psuSystemdActivation, those can all the things you expect and stage
> the file where you expect, etc.

Yup, it should work the same as BMC software.