where to store application json

Matt Spinler mspinler at linux.ibm.com
Fri Aug 16 23:31:46 AEST 2019

On 8/15/2019 6:59 PM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, at 07:01, Andrew Geissler wrote:
>> As we start moving more and more of our applications to using runtime parsed
>> json files, it seems like a good time to come up with a standard location to put
>> the json files. I think a requirement is they be in a writeable filesystem
>> (although that may bring security concerns) so that you can edit and restart
>> services that use them on the fly for bringup and debug.
>>
>> /etc seems like the right spot. But if so, where in /etc

While convenient to the developer for testing, to me it doesn't sound
like good practice to put read
only, critical files into a writeable spot?  How could we even trust
data that comes back to us from
the field when a user that can get into their BMC can just change
these?  Or accidentally
delete a file?