QEMU and CI

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Tue Apr 9 10:46:27 AEST 2019

Hi Jason,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, at 04:56, Bills, Jason M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking into what it might take to get the Intel S2600WF (Wolf Pass)
> board running in QEMU and possibly CI.
>
> In the OpenBMC docs, it points to a QEMU fork here:
> https://github.com/openbmc/qemu.  Is this the right place for me to
> start looking at what is currently implemented for QEMU in OpenBMC?

Yes, with the note that most of the support is already upstream.
openbmc/qemu contains the patches that haven't quite yet made it. If
you're planning to add S2600WF support to QEMU I suggest you send
your patches upstream first (like we do for the kernel), and we can
backport them to our fork once they're accepted.

It's mainly Cédric, Joel and myself hacking on it - if you have WIP patches
that you want to run past people before sending upstream then Cc us
and the OpenBMC list for some quick feedback.

Hope that helps!

Andrew