wantedby target

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Tue Apr 2 06:08:30 AEDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:04 PM William Kennington <wak at google.com> wrote:

> It's still unclear to me why we even have obmc-standby.target instead
> of just using multi-user.target. I think it has something to do with
> host power on / off on ibm machines and how they pick which services
> to start. We almost certainly don't want to be using the basic.target
> as that is reserved for core system services and ordered Before all
> targets.

I think this:

https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/service_files/xyz.openbmc_project.EntityManager.service

and the other service file are the only ones started by basic.target.

I think moving to multi-user.target is a good plan for moving the
service files into the repos -- instead of having it be a configurable
variable.  Just to simplify it.