[phosphor-host-ipmid] register google-ipmi-i2c

George Hung (洪忠敬) George.Hung at quantatw.com
Mon Apr 1 15:00:28 AEDT 2019

Dear Vernon,

Since phosphor-host-ipmid doesn’t have I2C master write-read ipmi command, we would like to use google-ipmi-i2c instead.

But we found though it can be registered to phosphor-host-ipmid , it would always response 0xff (Unspecified error) when sending commands by ipmitool.

The root cause we found is that it doesn’t handle oem IANA number and use them as request data directly.

Is there anything I didn’t configure or notice so that it can’t work normally ? Because I remember it can work normally before ipmid using the new architecture.

Thanks.

Best Regard
George Hung
Research Division - Software Engineer