OpenBMC Hackathon @ OpenPower Summit

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Wed Sep 19 07:23:06 AEST 2018

>>- Can some the presentations or sessions be written up and added to the openbmc/docs repo?  It is sometimes hard to find presentations after they are done.  It is also much easier to keep details up to date when they are in a plain text format (compared to powerpoint).

Great idea! Most of the presentations we do are in powerpoint (or converted to pdf for distribution). Is there a standard practice on how to share these in openbmc/docs repo? i.e open a gerrit request for review and add? We have few presentations from last OCP summit (March’18) and another one upcoming OCP summit in Oct’18.

>>- As a thought experiment, how much of your presentations can you give by simply referring to existing OpenBMC documentation, such as is in the repos under github.com/openbmc?  If you need to explain more, can that information be added to the OpenBMC docs?
Some of the presentation material is essential background/context on BMC’s use cases. Besides that the content should reflect the openbmc community work i.e. existing design/implementation,  describing workgroup, features planned for next release, features pending etc.