Should we tag master?

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Sun Oct 14 08:13:20 AEDT 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM Gunnar Mills <gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> I think we should tag in the next week or two with a v2.4. I know it is
> pretty arbitrary when we tag, but I have heard several companies use it.
> The last time we tagged was July 12th and there have been over 600
> commits since then. The last few tags have been every ~3 months, so we
> are due by that schedule. The Release Planning Group is planning a 2.6
> release in January but until then I vote we continue to tag every 3
> months. There was some discussion on the mailing in August about this:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-August/012922.html

My only thought is, it might benefit to wait until the great renaming
is done or closer to done so that when downstream distros (like ours)
rebase, they will be rebasing onto a more stable version.  I expect
Brad and I will be done in a couple weeks, so I'm not anticipating
needing a long delay on this.