Community Code of Conduct

Emily Shaffer emilyshaffer at google.com
Wed Oct 10 05:53:01 AEDT 2018

Reading through this, I've got a couple concerns:

- There's a clause for enforcement. How do we want to assign ownership when
enforcement is needed? We probably want to lay it out, I'm not sure that it
should come through the TSC. Maybe Kurt would be a good start as the
community manager? No offense to Kurt but I'd also like an escalation path
or alternative path - with these kinds of things it's important to be able
to bypass an individual if necessary.

- The clause on scope seems to me like it may leave a gap surrounding
harassment of community members outside of the official OpenBMC setting -
ie, Foo posts to their Twitter account, "I'm having a lot of trouble with
Bar's code reviews. What an idiot! Tell them so - their email is bar at baz.org!"
I'm not sure I'm seeing how the contributor covenant protects against this
kind of behavior. Maybe I'm just misreading and this counts as "prviate
communication"?