OpenBMC on OCP Leopard server

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Fri Oct 5 10:29:59 AEST 2018

Hi vejmarie,

AST1250 is in the family of AST2400 and should have basic needed support in OpenBMC and few of the existing platform use AST2400 family for BMC.

But most of the new platforms have moved on to AST2500 family and is the focus for current developer team. As an example, please refer to facebook's addition of basic machine support for AST2500 based TiogaPass platform few days back @ https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-facebook. It adds only basic support and we are working on the userland feature additions at this time,.

Yesterday, Andrew led hackathon @ Open Power Summit in Amsterdam and we went through series of exercises walking through basic environment setup and adding a new machine. The details are @ https://gist.github.com/geissonator
And hope this is useful for your effort also for adding OpenBMC support for Leopard systems.

Thanks,
Sai,.