OpenBMC on OCP Leopard server

Jean-Marie Verdun jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.com
Thu Oct 4 19:03:57 AEST 2018

Hi,

OCP Leopard servers comes with an ASPeed Chip 1250, and doesn't seems to
be supported with OpenBMC (I might be totally wrong but I didn't found
any recipes within the source tree for that platform). So is there any
specific reasons over perhaps community interest of why this machine is
not supported ?

A guy involved in the linuxboot development team has created a funny for
of the project based on u-root called u-bmc which works as a PoC on
Leopard. The BMC starts in a couple of seconds (I think 8s in that case)
and is operationnal.

Is there a porting guide somewhere ? I liked to get this machine
supported on OpenBMC for various reason, and that might be my first try
with it.

vejmarie