phosphor-hwmon failed to start with aspeed fantach sensor

qianlihu wangzhiqiang8906 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:11:18 AEDT 2018

Hi all,

On my board,when host powed off, the fan would stop.

then,phosphor-hwmon failed to start

debug:

cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/fan1_input
        read error Connection timedout.

edit the config file,
        LABEL_fan1 = fan1
        REMOVERCS = 110 // 110 means ETIMEDOUT

when host powerd on
        1. echo add > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/uevent
        2. phosphor-hwmon started
        3. host power off
        4. phosphor-hwmon did not exit.
        5. cpu usage of hwmon-read would be 4%

when host powerd off
        1. echo add > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/uevent
        2. failed to start phosphor-hwmon.

I found when phosphor-hwmon init

   Sensor::addValue would read fan1_input(there is no fan1_fault in sysfs),
   and it caused read timedout unexpection.

   so init failed.

On my board,I  want to boot the bmc with phosphor-hwmon when host powered off.

what should I do ?

Thanks

--qianlihu