Code levels in error log entries

Matt Spinler mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 22 04:23:40 AEDT 2018

For IBM systems, we need to add the current code level to each error log
object as it's created to make it easier on the lives of support
personnel.  It would be a new interface (or maybe use an existing
code version one) on the /xyz/openbmc_project/logging/entry/X objects.

Does anyone here that also uses error logs have an opinion on if they
would also be interested in this or not, so it would go into the common
logging code?

Unless others are interested in it, I plan on putting it in an IBM
specific repository.  (or maybe turn on with a configure option?)

Thanks