Feature request in phosphor-pid-control

Tanous, Ed ed.tanous at intel.com
Fri Jun 15 03:21:19 AEST 2018

We've had a few discussions about this in previous code reviews.  I think the conclusion was that we need to add a "status" field/interface to sensors, so we can report OK/Unavailable/Error statuses outside of the existing value interface.  So far as I know, no one has proposed one of these yet, but I would happily help review a patch.

Also, (not Patrick) I would support a parameter in phosphor-pid-control that makes sensors optional.  The only part that worries me here is that there is a big difference at a system level between "unavailable" and "faulted", but I think that could be easily fixed in a future patchset if we get the full DBus support for status interfaces.

-Ed