Need create a repo for chassis implementation.

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Wed Jul 25 20:14:56 AEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 02:46 +0000, Wang, Kuiying wrote:
> Hi Brad/Andrew,
>
> As we discussed, I will upgrade Chassis based on C++ & sdbusplus by 3
> steps.
> Now, the step 1 is almost ready (Patch got two +1), so we can move on
> the step 2 “upstream the chassis implementation”.
> Can you help create a repo “chassis-manager” for chassis
> implementation?

Hi Kuiying

Andrew tried to reply to your note but it was bounced by the list for
being too big.  In the future please don't send pictures or attachments
to the list.  I'll insert Andrew's reply here.

thx - brad

Hi Kuiying, thanks for refactoring these skeleton repositories. Within
openbmc, we try to have smaller, more specific repositories. So I'm
wondering if instead we should create a repo specifically for handling
buttons on openbmc machines:
phosphor-buttons

The pychassisctl function has all been deprecated by phosphor-state-
manager interfaces (except the button event monitoring).  I'd vote we
just put the button actions in the new phosphor-button repo (i.e.
calling the appropriate systemd targets)

The power control function is a bit more complicated.  It could be
specific to a machine, specific to a company, or specific to the type
of hardware.  The design there is to have a common dbus API and then a
repo for different implementations.  The code in skeleton/op-
pwrctl/power_control_obj.c was I believe attempted to be written in a
generic way but based on your info below, seems like for now we need
two new repositories?

openpower-power-control
x86-power-control

Andrew