Proprietary task references in commit logs

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Fri Feb 16 12:03:57 AEDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-02-14 at 11:07 +0300, Alexander Amelkin wrote:
> 14.02.2018 06:30, Stewart Smith wrote:
> > I've been poked at this for other firmware too, and I tend to dislike
> > non-public bug tracker IDs in public repositories.
> >
> > I have an idea of using git-notes to have a local tree of `fixes` (even
> > added retroactively) that could then be queried/modified that would suit
> > this kind of use case.
> >
> > Of course, finding enough time to write the couple of hundred lines of
> > python to do that has been elusive :)
>
> Exactly! This is all about extra work to do, no time to do it, and
> elusive profit of that effort.

Stewart might not have the time to do it himself, but I agree with his
direction and disagree with taking your suggested shortcut[0]. We
should find someone with the time to sort it out properly. Please open
an issue against OpenBMC where the details can be hashed out if you
feel this is a significant deficiency.

Cheers,

Andrew

[0] as someone who wants to see the issue tracker free of internal
identifiers as well