System health monitoring

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Tue Feb 13 04:33:21 AEDT 2018

Hi everyone!

Could you please tell me if there is a commonly used mechanism in
OpenBMC for system health monitoring and indication?

I know there is a LED Manager and that there are LED groups, but it is
unclear if there is any entity that somewhat universally can control
those LED groups. I would expect it to be somewhere near PEF processing
if we at all have PEFs. Do we?

Who is expected to send events to trigger those LED groups? Does each
vendor create their proprietary solution or is there anything public?

Thank you.

With best regards, Alexander.