Host IPL observer service

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:49:41 AEDT 2018

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Timothy Pearson
<tpearson at raptorengineering.com> wrote:
> We've created a service to watch the status of the host IPL and to
> provide the status and host state information on demand and via events
> over DBUS.  This is important for several reasons, one of which is to
> make sure that we don't try to bind to OCC before OCC is up and running.
>
> We're shipping this service with our Talos II systems, and already use
> it to provide status feedback to the end user during the lengthy IPL
> process, as well as to bind OCC at the correct time.
>
> Source code is here:
>
> https://git.raptorcs.com/git/talos-skeleton/tree/pyiplobserver

It is interesting that it uses pdbg to get 0x2809 status to determine
the ISTEP status.

I know a bit of the background that you are going to use this service
to bind occ-hwmon
driver at certain status, right?

May I know some details, e.g. in which status to bind occ-hwmon and in
which status
to enable the "occ watchdog"?