Host IPL observer service

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Mon Feb 5 17:54:33 AEDT 2018

We've created a service to watch the status of the host IPL and to
provide the status and host state information on demand and via events
over DBUS.  This is important for several reasons, one of which is to
make sure that we don't try to bind to OCC before OCC is up and running.

We're shipping this service with our Talos II systems, and already use
it to provide status feedback to the end user during the lengthy IPL
process, as well as to bind OCC at the correct time.

Source code is here:

https://git.raptorcs.com/git/talos-skeleton/tree/pyiplobserver

Let me know what you think!  We'd love to see this upstreamed.

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering