OpenBMC Raspberry Pi

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:32:41 AEDT 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Andrew Luke Nesbit
<ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org> wrote:

> On 13/12/2018 13:34, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 4:52 PM M. D. Truong <truongmd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> On a GitHub fork of OpenBMC code, sitting on the
> >> "raspberrypi-cm3" branch are some patches that will build a working
> >> distribution.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/truongmd/openbmc/tree/raspberrypi-cm3
> >
> > Hey My, this is great. Especially for people looking to get started
> > with OpenBMC. Raspberry pi's are easy to get and very
> > affordable.
>
> Yes, indeed this is fantastic!!  I have a spare RPi 3B+ plus a lot of
> accessories that I bought for a different project that never worked out.
>  Now I can try using this for OpenBMC, which is much more exciting to me
> anyway, than that other project was, and the people here are much nicer!
>
> > Any chance you were going to upstream these changes to
> > the OpenBMC project so we could have them officially in
> > the code base?
>
> Andrew, I've been gradually getting involved with OpenBMC at my own
> pace, and finally have a little more time than I did six months ago.  (I
> was ill over New Year, then I changed jobs, etc.  I've been very busy
> with other things than computers recently ;-)
>
> Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  I'd be happy
> to test, write docs, perform reproducible builds, and engineer
> infrastructure.

Hey Andrew, great to see the excitement for the project. I think for this
particular piece of work, what we really need is to take the commits
from the fork and start submitting them to the appropriate upstream
repositories within openbmc. With our recent meta- split into
individual repos, there will be some work to map those changes to
the right place.

> I'm a production engineer by profession (much like an SRE) and I am
> considering getting involved with the OpenBMC Infrastructure Workgroup.

The more the merrier, our next meeting will be 1/9/19!