[HELP] ipmi-kcs didn't work

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Tue Dec 4 06:37:44 AEDT 2018

On 12/3/18, 7:54 AM, "Jae Hyun Yoo" <jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 12/1/2018 8:29 AM, Samuel Jiang wrote:
    > Apologize for sending out no content mail first.
    >
    > Jae,
    > The aspeed_gates in clk-aspeed.c perhaps as todo suggest asking Aspeed
    > the actual parent data for check initializing?

    Yes, that makes sense.

    Hi Gary and Ryan,

    Can you please tell us what is the actual parent clock source of LPC IP?
    I mean the operational clock of LPC IP hardware block, not the interface
    clock.

    Thanks,
    Jae

    > Vijay,
    > I traced lpc-ctrl module, it seems direct update the same
    > ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK register map bit to enable. If parent data is
    > disabled, it could enable in dts.
    > The device tree detail, I reference it from aspeed-g5.dtsi. Hope it
    > could help you for work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Samuel Jiang

Samual/Jay,
In my case if I don't initialize LPC clock in driver, Bios on host side wait and doesn't boot.
I don't understand here what is holding Bios here but by initializing this LPC clock let bios boot.

Regards
-Vijay