Feature request in phosphor-pid-control

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Aug 31 06:22:57 AEST 2018

Currently we expose a zone's state, whether it's in failsafe or manual
mode.  One can read or write this information over IPMI via OEM
commands.  With the PID objects, it may also be helpful to read the
PID values over IPMI periodically (or later read/write them).

A zone has PIDs, so we can expose an interface on each PID that
exports the values onto dbus.  Obviously, values that are updated
regularly should only be updated in dbus if someone tries to read them
-- that's what I'm thinking there.  Keep it more of a report on read
interface instead of one that broadcasts for others.

I'm going to start hacking out an initial design over the next few
days and update this email thread.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this information or has already
worked it out.

Patrick