openbmc repository restructuring

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Aug 28 20:38:44 AEST 2018

> On Aug 23, 2018, at 10:20 PM, Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:
>
> There is a pretty significant refactor of the openbmc repository going
> through the pipe right now.
>
> This has been discussed here:
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/q/topic:subtrees
>
> and here:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-August/012707.html
>
> and here:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-July/012558.html
>
> You will likely have some impact to your bitbake development workflow;
> you may have to rebase or resubmit your unmerged bitbake changes; and,
> you might see odd Jenkins CI failures periodically.
>
> Please bear with it for the next couple of days while this transition is
> completed.  Feel free to find me on IRC if there are any questions.
>
> I will follow up with another note when the transition is complete with
> additional instructions.

The transition is mostly complete.  There are still a couple things to
do on the backend but that should be transparent to everyone but me.

At this point I am slowly making my way through the open pull requests
against openbmc/openbmc and re-opening them on the correct repository.
You can either wait for me to do it, or go ahead and do that yourself
(the latter will probably happen a bit faster).  Instructions for
generating patches against subtrees can be found in docs/subtree.md.
One nuance not covered in the instructions is that you must regenerate
the Change-Id…Gerrit will not allow you to use the same change-id in
different projects.