openbmc repository restructuring

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Fri Aug 24 20:33:19 AEST 2018

24.08.2018 05:20, Brad Bishop wrote:
> There is a pretty significant refactor of the openbmc repository going
> through the pipe right now.
>
> This has been discussed here:
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/q/topic:subtrees
>
> and here:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-August/012707.html
>
> and here:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-July/012558.html
This is great!
I would be happy if we went further and made all phosphor packages subtrees (changing the recipes to take files from "local" folders). That would make it soooo much easier to maintain! We'd get rid of those 'bump version' commits, and vendors wouldn't have to keep "patches to patches" in their repos.

Actually, that's what I'm now trying to do for our local fork.