[IPMBD] ipmbSend handling

Henbin Chang henbinchang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:39:25 AEST 2018

Thanks to Ed's response.
I could build the 'ipmbbridged' successfully.

I find the ipmbbridged can execute the below steps after rough review.

1. Wait for the incoming IPMB request
from "/sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-1010/slave-mqueue"
2. Decode IPMB request from above 1 into netFn, rsLun, rqSA,
seq, rqLun and cmd.
3. Send the 'ReceivedMessage' signal with netFn, rsLun, rqSA, seq, rqLun
 and cmd.
4. ipmbMessageSend is called after the 'ReceivedMessage' signal is received.
5. In ipmbMessageSend(), it encodes the IPMB packet using netFn, rsLun, rqSA,
seq, rqLun and cmd.
6. And then send IPMB packet into "/dev/i2c-0"

Some questions about the ipmbbridged  daemon
1. how should I have "/sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-1010/slave-mqueue" in my
openbmc?
2. It doesn't seem any implementation to receive the IPMB response from
"/dev/i2c-0", right?

Thanks.
BRs,
Henbin