Proposal for caching/buffering POST codes list for one boot process.

chunhui.jia chunhui.jia at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 27 17:59:34 AEST 2018

Ed, Venture,

Could you confirm if the "/xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/1" that we talked here contains a list of post code for one cycle?

From my understanding, it should be like:
/xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/current (objpath)
->xyz.openbmc_project.Host.State.Boot.Raw (intf)
---->Value (a list of POST code for current POST) (property)
/xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/1
->xyz.openbmc_project.Host.State.Boot.Raw
---->Value (a list of POST code for previous POST)
/xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/2
->xyz.openbmc_project.Host.State.Boot.Raw
---->Value (a list of POST code for the time before previous)

Is that correct?

The reason I am asking is that the orginal post code interface only keep *one* post code. Even if one DC cycle could generate 30~40 post code, it just keep latest and previous one.
I assume the objpath /xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/1 contains a list.   Otherwise, it will just represent one post code in one cycle.  In the latter case, we will have /xyz/openbmc_project/host/post/[0~40] objects for one cycle and it looks ugly.

chunhui.jia