CI compute resources

Jean-Marie Verdun jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.com
Wed Aug 22 17:56:39 AEST 2018

Hi Andrew,

We can provide access to a couple of additionnal servers without any
issues. Here are the characteristics that we can supply

Open Compute type server with Dual Xeon 2680v2, 64GB of RAM (DDR3 ECC),
3TB HDD, 1Gbps ethernet connected to the internet, Ubuntu 16.04 server.

We can start with 1 and then increase that number gradually depending on
the need and if that works. I can probably allocate 4 of them straight
forward if this is easing life of the community. Lead time to get access
to them is a couple of days.

These machines will be located in France in Data4 Datacenter. So latency
might be a little bit long compared to US based hosting.

We work on setting up a CI for the linuxboot project and have also
developped a solution based on this machine to connect a flash emulator
straight to the PCB which is automatized through an API (still under
development)

Currently we can upload a firmware to the emulator remotely control the
servers through hard power on/off options, reset, get console access
through serial, and feedback end user on the capability of the firmware
(in that case linuxboot) to start properly the machine. The intend is to
validate within the CI process that each build is able to start a
machine and run regression tests on live hardware.

We are also able to test if we can boot the node etc ... and validate
that we didn't broke features like NUMA etc ...

This technology can be easily adapted to OpenBMC, as we connect to a SPI
bus, and I bet that the flash on ASpeed chips might be connected through
such bus. If not, we could work on doing that.

One of the advantage is that we use OCP hardware and we can change a lot
of things on top of them.

Let me know if that works for you.

vejmarie