CI compute resources

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:20:37 AEST 2018

Hey Everyone,

Per this mornings community call, it was noted that the upcoming
changes to our bitbake layers and the use of subtree to manage it,
we're going to double our CI build requirements for openbmc/openbmc.

We could short change ourselves and just do the new subtree commits
but Brad noted that yocto does CI for both the subtree and the main
merge for a variety of reasons, so we should too.

We have some other alternatives (build fewer machine configs, or only
build certain one's in each CI, or just wait longer) but it would be
best to first see if anyone can cough up a few more cloud machines for
CI.

Current server contributors for openbmc:

Rackspace: 1
Google: 2
IBM: 1

The ideal server has:

16 or greater cpu threads
64GB or greater memory
1TB or greater hard drive
Ubuntu 16 or greater

It needs to be on a public network that openpower.xyz can talk too.
All of the build scripts use docker so the system just needs to have
docker installed.

Let me and Joel know if you got something!

Thanks,
Andrew