Removing /org/openbmc/sensors

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Wed Aug 22 02:53:50 AEST 2018

Hi all,

I'm finishing up the changes to remove the /org/openbmc/sensors path.
This path just had a handful of sensors left, which with the exception
of 2, were already defined in the
phosphor-ipmi-sensor-inventory%/config.yaml files so they weren't being
used. I moved the remaining 2 to the ipmi config files, so we're ready
to deprecate the /org/openbmc/sensors path.

This change should be transparent since ipmi first looks for the
requested sensor in its generated code from the yaml file, then if not
found it looks for it in the /org/openbmc/sensors path (this 2nd lookup
in the ipmi code can be removed once all changes are merged).

If you have any concerns about this change or questions about querying
sensors outside the /org/openbmc/sensors path, you can reply or comment
in the review where the system configs files in the skeleton repo are
being updated to remove the sensors:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/q/topic:org_sensors