Streaming logs via rsyslog

Amithash Prasad amithash at fb.com
Sat Aug 18 05:26:29 AEST 2018

Again, I am not a licensing expert, nor a lawyer so take my opinion with a grain of salt. That out of the way, shouldn't we worry about license restrictions only if we are statically or dynamically linking these to other projects with a different license structure which might potentially be incompatible with GPLv3?

We have been using rsyslog's remote logging at FB for a bit now and it brings with it a lot of flexibility since we can reuse a lot of the infrastructure already in place to aggregate the logs coming from the servers.