Streaming logs via rsyslog

Tanous, Ed ed.tanous at intel.com
Sat Aug 18 01:23:21 AEST 2018

> I was just pointed out that Busybox itself is GPLv2, so rsyslog being
> GPLv3 seems to be usable without any concern?

GPLv2 and GPLv3 are very different licenses in some respects.  For a different product, we just went through this discussion about using rsyslog specifically, and the conclusion was that we couldn't use it given the license restrictions, but I don't know the specific details.  If you guys find a way around those restrictions, it would be good to know.

The team that did the analysis is out today, but I can try to find more next week.

-Ed