UART Route setting

Oskar Senft osk at google.com
Fri Aug 3 04:11:08 AEST 2018

Thanks! After reading the various comments on the thread, I do understand
the argument that we're missing some abstraction by exposing individual
bits of HW registers to user space. While it's certainly MUCH better than
/dev/mem and particularly useful during rapid development, I still somewhat
feel that it would be beneficial in the long-run to use a proper
abstraction layer with /sys as interface to explicitly expose the "dozens"
of configuration options.

I'm that having an explicit driver that only exposes the HICRA (to
configure UART routing) as abstract symbols would be beneficial. Do you
think I'd find support for getting that submitted?