OpenBMC growing leadership

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Thu Sep 28 16:04:55 AEST 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 16:50 -0500, Chris Austen wrote:
> I wanted to let you know some pretty exciting news. As you may be
> aware The OpenBMC Project and the Facebook OpenBMC team have been
> looking for ways to work together. Over the past few weeks IBM,
> Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Intel and OCP have been talking about
> the code and how to create a common stack for all the world to
> reference.

This is great news! I look forward to collaboration with and
contributions from all involved.

> There are plenty of items to work through (like finding a hosting
> foundation, Governance, etc) but the desire and momentum is there to
> work together. Be assured that the goals of our OpenBMC Project
> (which, as code contributors, you are part of) remain the same; that
> our community is open and the code is designed to enable your
> business needs.
>
> This will not be a tear up or rewrite of github.com/openbmc. The
> OpenBMC Project repos will be used as the starting point. I saw some
> presentations at the Dallas OpenCompute Project engineering workshop
> that gets me excited about the future. You can see the entire
> workshop here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFhEbXkHd0Q

Thanks for the link, there were some excellent talks. It's essential
viewing for people wanting to understand the (somewhat complex) history
of the project(s).

> Let me know if you have any questions

Yeah - can the speakers please share their slides from the workshop?

Cheers,

Andrew