OpenBMC growing leadership

Chris Austen austenc at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 27 07:50:21 AEST 2017

I wanted to let you know some pretty exciting news.  As you may be aware
The OpenBMC Project and the Facebook OpenBMC team have been looking for
ways to work together.  Over the past few weeks IBM, Google, Facebook,
Microsoft, Intel and OCP have been talking about the code and how to create
a common stack for all the world to reference.  There are plenty of items
to work through (like finding a hosting foundation, Governance, etc) but
the desire and momentum is there to work together.  Be assured that the
goals of our OpenBMC Project (which, as code contributors, you are part of)
remain the same; that our community is open and the code is designed to
enable your business needs.

This will not be a tear up or rewrite of github.com/openbmc.  The OpenBMC
Project repos will be used as the starting point.  I saw some presentations
at the Dallas OpenCompute Project engineering workshop that gets me excited
about the future.  You can see the entire workshop here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFhEbXkHd0Q

Let me know if you have any questions

Chris Austen
OpenBMC