OpenBMC community telecon - 10/30 Minutes

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Oct 31 14:39:21 AEDT 2017

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com>
> Subject: OpenBMC community telecon - 10/30 Agenda
> Date: October 30, 2017 at 9:45:45 PM EDT
> To: OpenBMC <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
>
> - telemetry as MQTT (Sivas)

Some consensus that on the surface MQTT seems like a reasonable transport.

> - empty root password (Sivas)

Discussion quickly evolved into a general default security policy for the
disto.  Default security policy will be re-visited once a new policy is
proposed and implemented.

> - bmc dump performance (Sivas)

Planned performance improvements in the pipe (org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager usage).

Had a brief discussion on the DBus max message size and scaling.  Will likely
be a future pain point - ideas/suggestions welcome.

Discussion on metrics -

Relevant RFCs:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2017-September/009113.html
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2017-September/009065.html

Code under review:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/q/status:open+project:openbmc/phosphor-dbus-monitor+branch:master+topic:2254

Already merged code:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/q/status:merged+project:openbmc/phosphor-rest-server+branch:master+topic:events

> - v2.0 tag (Brad)

Resume monthly tagging - reset on v2.0 tag to occur Wednesday.

—--other business—
New participant introductions