phoshor-network manager daemon + IPMI

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Oct 26 01:38:28 AEDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Ratan K Gupta <ratagupt at in.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Certain test cases which we tried through IPMI,Here are few.
>
> Valid conf
> =========
> ipmitool -I dbus lan set 1 ipsrc static
> ipmitool -I dbus lan set 1 ipaddr x.x.x.x
> ipmitool -I dbus lan set 1 netmask x.x.x.x
> ipmitool -I dbus lan set 1 defgw ipaddr x.x.x.x
> ipmitool -I dbus raw 0x06 0x40

Thanks, question. Is that last command the raw of "ipmitool lan set
access on" -- I don't know if the internal version of ipmitool
supports it.  the one on the host that I'm using does.  When I run
that, excluding setting the netmask and defgw it fails when I set
access on when it goes to delete the eth0/ip interfaces that it
automatically created for me -- because I don't have a network
configuration on boot.

Your experiment groups this under valid conf -- are you saying that
you started with a specific systemd network configuration file?