phoshor-network manager daemon + IPMI

Dave Cobbley david.j.cobbley at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 24 04:18:12 AEDT 2017

I have been digging into the network manager as well.
The link local problem has been popping up on our systems as well.

I'm not sure why linklocaladdress causes our systems to get the 169.XX IP Address.
I suspect is has something to do with the way our DHCP servers are setup on the network, systemd-networkd is not recognizing that we do in fact get an IP from DHCP.

I'm assuming engineers at IBM are not seeing this behavior since the patch was accepted (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Therefore this is more likely not a bug in systemd, but something strange with the configuration of network infrastructure.
Either way, root cause needs to be identified.

To work around it, simply delete the line linklocaladdress=xxxx from /etc/systemd/networkd/00-bmc-ethx.network

Let me know if you make any more observations about the strange behavior (it would be nice to get past this issue).

Thanks,
-Dave Cobbley